Mothers admit: we do have a favourite child

Parents see it as a secret betrayal, but a survey shows it is common to love one above the rest


Sixteen per cent of mothers said they loved one child more than their others.

One in six mothers has a favourite child - but would never admit to it, according to a survey by Netmums, one of the most popular parenting websites in the UK.

More than 1,000 mothers responded to the survey, with 16 per cent admitting that they love one child more than the others. One third said that they love their children in exactly the same way, while just over half said they love their children differently - but equally.

'I do have a favourite child: my second youngest and my last daughter,' admitted Polly, a mother of four. 'It's almost like a secret love affair. When she walks into a room with my other children, she stands out to me more than the rest. I would die for all my kids, but I have to admit I would fight more strongly and fiercely for her.'
keep reading

No comments: